- Senior Back End Developer, Zenitech - April 2018 - present
- Senior Back End Developer / Team Lead, Zonga - August 2015 - December 2017
- Senior Back End Developer, Trilulilu - April 2015 - March 2016
- PHP Developer, Arobs Transilvania Software - April 2014 - March 2015
- Web Developer, ZIT - October 2010 - March 2014
- Web Developer, Freelancer - 2006 - 2014
Technologies and skills
- Framework: Symfony, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Phalcon
- ORM: Doctrine, Eloquent
- CMS: WordPress
- Template engine: Twig, Blade, Smarty
- Databases: MySql, MongoDB
- REST, RPC Web Services
- Docker, Vagrant, Apache, nginx, Linux, Devops
- RabbitMQ, Redis, Memcache
- Unit testing
- Continuous integration
- Media files manipulation and streaming
- Automated tasks (Apache Ant)
- Agile software development
I'm a very good English speaker and I can handle French.
- Zonga zonga.ro
- Description: Music streaming service
- Technologies: PHP 5/7 (Custom/Phalcon Framework), MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, Memcache, FFmpeg, ImageMagick, nginx, Docker, Linux, Bash, AWS/S3, APIs, Microservices, Golang
- Leading the back end team, responsible for code reviews, releases, 3rd party companies interaction, architecture, interviews
- Trilulilu trilulilu.ro
- Description: Largest user generated entertainment content streaming website in Romania
- Responsible for all releases
- CinemaRx m.cinemarx.ro
- Description: Movies database and cinema schedule
- Technologies: PHP (Symfony), MySql, nginx, Docker, Vagrant
- Architecture for mobile website and REST API
Arobs Transilvania Software
- Splendia - Luxury & Character Hotels splendia.com
- Description: Hotel booking and management system
- Technologies: PHP (Symfony), MySql, design patterns, Vagrant
- REST API, Database design, Database sync
- UrbanBeat urbanbeat.fr
- Description: Large music community for producers and artists, which involved a sharing and sell/buy system, mp3 files manipulation, Paypal API advanced payments, custom cache system, load speed optimization, user statistics and other.
- Technologies: PHP (Laravel), MySql, FFmpeg, design patterns, Facebook API, Google Maps API, Paypal API, HTML/CSS/JS/jQuery
- Other projects
- Data crawler
- Images management and sharing system
- Online training
- Company management (small ERP)
- Ads publishing
- Mobile applications
- Other projects
- Description: Web based remote control and video surveillance of a mechatronic system.
- Technologies: PHP, MySql, Delphi, HTML/CSS/JS, Flash
- "Andrei is part of that rare breed of developers that see development as an art to be perfected. As such, he spares no effort to deliver results chiseled to perfection. He is passionate about coding in general and learning new and better ways of doing things in particular. Always a pleasure to work with and will be a great asset to any team lucky to have him."
Andrei Dascălu, Scrum Master & PHP Developer, linkedin.com/in/adascalu
- "Andrei is an ambitious developer driven by interesting projects and keen on working with and using latest technology.
His skill-set makes him a versatile developer, but more than that he is a quick learner.
Communicates well and is responsible for his work."
Claudiu Marius Mailat, Project Manager, linkedin.com/in/claudiumailat
- "I started working with Andrei in 2009 so the fact that I'm reaffirming this recommendation in 2014 means something.
After so many years he never disappointed me, not only is he a good programmer but also an honest person."
Nuno Alex Oliveira, Business Developer and Investor, nunoalex.com
- "Best developer we have ever worked with. We highly recommend."
William Harris, Founder and Director, urbanbeat.fr
- "I enjoyed working with Andrei, since he is an open-minded person willing to achieve and over-perform targets. He proved to be an excellent organizer and very good web developer, he listens carefully to customer needs and delivers the perfect solution.
I recommend Andrei for the future, being pro-active and extremely reliable, and a very good person."
Ștefan Fekete, Photographer and Manager, stefanfekete.com
People and publications I follow
Robert "Uncle Bob" Martin cleancoders.com
Phil Sturgeon philsturgeon.co.uk
Martin Fowler martinfowler.com
PHP Weekly phpweekly.com
Golang Weekly golangweekly.com
Last but not least, my hobbies
Crossfit, motorcycles, Golang