- Software Engineer, Porsche Engineering - June 2020 - present
- Solve problems, find design solutions, review code, implement and test features, measure performance, automate processes, mentor.
- C++, Autonomous Driving
- Senior Back End Developer / Technical Lead, Zenitech - April 2018 - September 2019
- Led the team to better technical and agile process decisions. Improved performance through concurrency and by profiling to find resource leaks. Introduced decoupled design, highly increased unit testing coverage.
- Go, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, DevOps, AWS
- Senior Back End Developer / Technical Lead, Zonga Music (a Trilulilu company) - August 2015 - December 2017
- Improved performance of a music streaming application by incrementally profiling, decoupling, and rewriting modules with a service-oriented and event-driven approach. Kept all systems alive at any time. Handled communication with technical partners, held interviews, and guided team members.
- Architecture, PHP 5/7 (Custom/Phalcon), RPC, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, Memcache, FFmpeg, Nginx, Docker, Linux, Bash, APIs, Microservices, Go
- Senior Back End Developer, Trilulilu - April 2015 - March 2016
- Developed architecture for mobile website and REST API. Reviewed and released all implementations.
- Back End Developer, AROBS Transilvania Software - April 2014 - March 2015
- Implemented a REST API with unit testing, including database design and migration scripts from legacy system, for a hotel booking and management web application.
- PHP (Symfony), MySQL
- Web Developer, ZIT - October 2010 - March 2014
- Developed front end and back end for web applications including e-commerce, payments, crawlers, CMS. Written a PHP framework which got to production.
- Web Developer, Freelancing - 2006 - 2014
Technologies and skills
- SQL/NoSQL: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- RabbitMQ, Redis, Memcache
- REST, RPC, GraphQL services
- DevOps, Docker, AWS, Jenkins
- Unit and integration testing
- Process automation (setup, build, CI, QA, code analysis)
- Technical University of Cluj-Napoca - 2006 - 2010
- Bachelor's Degree, Mechatronics, Robotics, and Automation Engineering
- "Andrei Avram and I were colleagues in three different companies. Yes, three. During this time I can say I thoroughly enjoyed working with him on many projects involving multiple programming languages and domains.
The collaboration with him was very smooth. As a developer he is curious and patient in what he does, something that I had to learn from him, and always pushes for better quality. He is very serious and doesn't try to cut corners in what he does. One thing that may not be visible or, in my opinion, he underplays, is the fact that he constantly works on different small projects which shows his drive towards learning and building new things.
He is also a good leader. Always trying to keep the team together, making sure workloads are not exaggerated and placing himself in front of disruptions coming from the outside, be it clients, managers or product owners, you can trust he will be there for the team."
Nicolae Sînea, Software Engineer, linkedin.com/in/nicolae-sinea
- "Andrei is a very gifted and versatile developer. He has high standards with regards to his own work and expects the same from the rest of the team. We worked well together and the quality of his work has been long standing."
Sergiu Biriș, Entrepreneur, linkedin.com/in/sergiubiris
- "Andrei is an ambitious developer driven by interesting projects and keen on working with and using latest technology.
His skill-set makes him a versatile developer, but more than that he is a quick learner.
Communicates well and is responsible for his work."
Claudiu Marius Mailat, Business Group Manager, linkedin.com/in/claudiumailat
- "Andrei is part of that rare breed of developers that see development as an art to be perfected. As such, he spares no effort to deliver results chiseled to perfection. He is passionate about coding in general and learning new and better ways of doing things in particular. Always a pleasure to work with and will be a great asset to any team lucky to have him."
Andrei Toderean Dascălu, Solutions Architect, linkedin.com/in/adascalu
People and publications I follow
- Daniel Lemire lemire.me/blog
- Dave Cheney dave.cheney.net
- Fluent C++ fluentcpp.com
- Golang Weekly golangweekly.com
- Martin Fowler martinfowler.com
- Robert "Uncle Bob" Martin cleancoders.com
- Standard C++ isocpp.org